2007-03-17

Rackets!

Against the advice of my wise friends and my oral surgeon, i went and judged at the nerdgame Regionals this Saturday. I totally popped a stitch yelling announcements and scolding unruly teenagers.

Now i'm home. And one of the neighbors (two houses away) is having an awesome house party. When i got home, they were playing Black Sabbath's Iron Man, but now it's Thriller. I may be old, but i can still appreciate extremely loud music.

I wonder how long before the ruthless San Dimas police come and administer law and order, though. I can't imagine Mom's neighbors putting up with this for much longer.

I had a great conversation with my PTO (Professional Tournament Organizer) today about what kind of music i listen to. I thought about that for a minute, and said, "You know, NPR doesn't really count as music, does it? Can I count it? C'mon, let's be honest: geopolitics is music to my ears!" He's one to talk. He was listening to some generic-sounding R&B by (get this) the son of Alan Thicke... the dad from Family Ties. "Isn't he at least half-white? Is this what the young people are listening to today?"

You can't make stuff like this up.

I did concede that i listen to some faux-indie rock, British rock, Swedish and Korean pop, and Christian praise music. In all fairness, my shuffler in iTunes say the next things i'll be listening to are Los Straitjackets, Jars of Clay, BoA, Arrested Development, Jack Johnson, and Oasis. Ms. Tenthy caught me listening to John Mayer the other night, too.

And of course, Michael Jackson.

SCG totally comped me with Marvel Team-Up.